I’ve become really interested in learning how to make my own things i.e. cosmetics and hair products. I looked on google for recipes to make my own leave in conditioner for natural hair as well as a moisturising cream.
Check out these two links as they give you a variety of recipes dependent on what your hair needs.
- Leave-in Conditioners Recipes – Click here
- Shea butter Hair Cream Recipe – Click here (I used all the oils mentioned apart from jojoba and vitamin e as I did not have them)
On this occasion I went with the ‘Coconut Honey’ leave-in conditioner recipe which included :
- 1 oz. coconut oil (28ml for those of us in the UK lool)
- 2 oz. aloe vera gel (57ml)
- 1 tsp. avocado oil (6ml)
- ⅓ cup water (79ml)
The website describes the steps, but you basically initially mix the coconut and avocado oil together, then add it to the aloe vera gel and water mix.
My hair LOOVVEEESSS products and I just knew it would drink this up in no time, so I made double the amount!
The end product :
It looks ‘yellow-ey’ because I used virgin avocado oil. I’ll put links of where you can buy all the ingredients down here :
- Virgin Avocado Oil – Buy here
- Coconut Oil – Buy here
- Aloe Vera gel (I used Holland and Barret’s Brand, but this is equally good) – Buy here
Speak Soon! X